Thursday, February 3, 2011

Saying Farewell

Today was our last day in Sunyani so we stopped by to say "farewell" to our new good friends at the Sunyani Teacher's Co-operative Credit Union.  I like to think of it as "farewell" instead of good-bye as I hope to one day return to this credit union to see all of these amazing people.  If I'm really lucky I'll get to do just that next year when I return for the second part of my coaching program.

While we were expecting just to say farewell, we weren't expecting to see that they had already implemented one of our suggestions to them!!!  WOW, we were totally blown away! The suggestion was to install a glass door on the Accountant's office so he could close his door for some Privacy (ha, ha.....you just knew I had to throw a "PF" <Privacy Freak> comment in there didn't you?!) both for himself, so he could get some work done without constant interruptions, and for his members when they were in his office discussing their personal accounts.

When we walked into the lobby we immediately saw the door, and it was beautiful and the Accountant, James was beaming from ear to ear, he had said it was already making a big difference for him and he was so pleased.....but not nearly as much as Damien and I were!!

When we got back to the truck after our farewells we gave each other a huge HIGH FIVE......we did it, we actually did it, we left a small piece of ourselves here and were able to help in some small way make a difference.

YES!!!!!  Now that felt AMAZING and made my whole trip worthwhile, right in that very moment! I have to say I shed a few tears as we drove away......

Me dasi,
Sister Akua

(P.S. I'm having troubles posting pictures again so I hope to add some soon!)

4 comments:

  1. Safe travels home. You have done a wonderful job of showing people of another country that we in Canada really want the best for them. Bravo!! Talk soon. Auntie Sharon xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Greeting means a whole lot more - than any words can say - and perhaps you'll read its meaning in your understanding way. This greeting as you"ll surely guess is really just a token - OF VERY SPECIAL THOUGHTS OF YOU FELT BUT LEFT UNSPOKEN. Way to Go Heidi you are a wonderful Ambassador and Representative and we are so pruod of you, always. Your *footprints* left in the sand, with pieces of your heart and soul will always be felt. You will be dearly missed. Travel safe surrounded by love from all of us here. Love Mum and of course that guy Fred too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Heidi what an amazing trip you have had. Your stories and tales of your trip there made me feel like I was there with you. It's very inspiring to hear all you have done and how the people were so wonderful while you were there. I can't wait to hear more about it when you are back .. I can't believe it's over already. Safe travels home and enjoy your time in Paris. Absolutely fabulous blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday Yukon is gearing up for our Yukon Quest Run from here to Fairbanks, Alaska - I will be there at the start line - happy journey - hope sleep is perhaps on your agenda - Michelle is running this year - sends her warmest wishes love to all from Just us 2 xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete